Sunday, June 3, 2012

My heart sings

Oh, this place. We lived here for eleven months in 1997, guests of kind and generous friends who affected our lives in a powerful and positive way.  Words do not describe our relationship with this place, these people.  I will let the photos speak for its magic and beauty. 













La Casa de Chocolate
-the house where we lived for one year.






We carried this hand-forged house key around for one year;
its heft and sound in the lock are unforgettable.



My husband found this cross buried in a rubble pile.





The boys found this little viper!
 Of course, I didn't know it was a viper when I caught it...
















One hard bed in the gardener's shed.























It was so much fun to share this experience with my children, even if we managed to go the two days that were windy and freezing cold instead of the 85-degree days to which we have become accustomed.   Thank you, friends.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing place to be!!! Just gorgeous . I can totally hear the iron clank of the key turning in that door.
    :-)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete